Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things....

    I always enjoy reading blogs that include all the things that the writer loves. It gives my mind a break from thinking about all the necessities of the day, and simply think about happy times. I enjoy so many things about this life, simple pleasures. So in an effort to slow the mind and bring a simile to the face of my readers, here is a very scaled down list of a few of my favorite things.

-Edible Flowers
     There is something magical about siting down for an afternoon cup of tea and being served a beautiful treat topped with a nasturtium or day lily. Nothing makes my taste buds tingle more than the thought of a home made cream cheese pastry lased with geraniums, honeysuckle, or some whimsical johnny jump-ups.

-Candle lit Bathrooms- bubble baths
     Ok...Ok...., I know this is a typical passion, but I just could not bring myself to leave it out. I like to turn on a little Ali Farka Tour, or Dean Martin whatever seems right for the day and just fade away into the sweet smelling soap suds. Really, Shower people just do not get it...lol

-Playing Pretend
     This is a great one! I am so happy that I have imaginative little girls who love to pretend to be fairy princesses or even an attack dragon. I am not sure at what age we are programed to take life so seriously and act like adults. The only thing I know is that dressing up in play clothes and playing make believe is wonderful happy feeling. When I see my little Dharma look at me with big eyes and an open heart and say “Queen mommy, would you like a cup of tea?”Nothing and I do mean nothing in the world could be more perfect.

-Black and White photos

     I have some pictures of my grandmother when she was young. She was so happy back then. Something about that time was ….different. I love to look at the pictures of grandma with her sister and one of her with grandpa and imagine who she was.... I miss her so much. Pictures is all I have left of her, that along with wonderful memories of her love.

No comments:

Post a Comment